Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
Join our Agricultural Solutions Expert Services Team that provides support for ecotoxicological risk assessment with focus on data evaluation, effect modelling and statistical analysis for Agrochemicals (plant protection products). Mentored by experienced colleagues, you will be introduced to the European Ecotoxicology environment.
· You will perform toxicokinetic/toxicodynamic (TKTD) modelling in support of aquatic, terrestrial and wildlife risk assessments.
· This involves calibration, validation and reporting of TKTD models, and when necessary, adapting and/or developing the models.
· You will explore ecotoxicological studies, analyse and visualize results from simple lower tier studies to complex higher tier field studies.
· You will communicate the results in reports and at meetings and you will support risk evaluation and assessments in all areas of ecotoxicology.
· degree (M.Sc./Ph.D.) in Ecotoxicology, Natural Sciences, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or comparable
· sound knowledge of General Unified Threshold Model of Survival (GUTS) and/or Dynamic Energy Budget Models (DEB)
· programming skills in MATLAB and R, ideally experience with TKTD modelling packages
· experience with model fitting, calibration and validation
· interest in risk assessment or data management
· effective communication skills in English within multi-disciplinary teams and experience with scientific writing in English
· well acquainted with standard IT applications and document management systems
· 30 days of paid vacation and sabbatical options.
· Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
· Flexible working hours so that you can organize your working and private life according to your needs.
· Location-independent work models with defined days of presence in Berlin and place of residence in Germany.
If possible, please upload the documents into one single PDF file. Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Julia Dyballa, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58394
As an international service hub, the BASF Services Europe GmbH bundles a wide range of services for the BASF Group throughout Europe. In the heart of Berlin, we combine expertise in the areas of finance, HR, supply chain, procurement, product safety and IT. We focus on digital and customer-focused solutions, to create services for future. Learn more about us and our location-independent work models at basf.com/en/servicehub-berlin/smartwork
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.