We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
· Be in responsible for sales breakthrough of mining solutions business development in China, especially for flotation collector & Frothier in flotation industry and Organic Binder in iron& steel with mining team leader.
· Technically coordinate with regional and global technical experts to organize lab test and optimize current product formula of BASF Mining chemical reagents, especially for flotation and Organic binder.
· Cooperate with external 3rd party (universities, research institute or engineering companies) to organize lab test for NBD products and budget applications for testing BASF Mining new products with the support from regional and global technical experts.
· Support on regional and local marketing technical work of mining chemicals including collecting marketing technical data, making slides and translation of marking & technical papers from regional technical team.
· Cooperate with EV sourcing to arrange raw materials forecast for BASF internal & external suppliers and production forecast for 3rd party and update cost of chemical raw materials every month.
· Collect, update, and consolidate the data from the team to support marketing communications programs covering advertising, promotion, seminars, and workshops via close work with the regional & global marketing communication team and local sales team.
· Contact with main potential flotation & steel customers and organize business & site visiting, delivering samples, and organizing plant trials with sales managers, local distributors or agents.
· Make sales forecast for flotation and organic binder, and raw materials forecast for suppliers every month.
· Coordinate with 3rd parties, including famous mining universities, design and research institute and analysis centers to arrange lab tests for flotation reagents, organic binder and performance tests.
· Find breakthrough opportunities for flotation business, Organic binder and other BASF mining NEW products in China.
· Develop market knowledge through independent research of the mining industry ie discussion with industry players, government reports, research organizations etc.
· Be in charge of BASF Mining lab management including regular safety and usage and follow BASF Campus lab management regulations.
· Support team leader to update roadmap of mining chemicals in China.
· Identify mega trends within the industry and relate this to potential business opportunities for BASF.
· According to the agreed template, collect and prepare for the required market intelligence (e.g. price and cost developments, product competitiveness, industry segments and customers) and competitive information (competitors’ market positions, strategies, strengths and weaknesses) to support market analysis, reporting.
· Prepare for the presentation materials and correspondence as requested by the supervisor.
· Prepare for price setting, quotation, contracts according to established polices & procedures.
· Summarize the potential project information subscribed from external suppliers and distribute to sales team for business development. Follow up with team and timely update into sales force.
· Administration for EVH team, organization of and supports to other team activities.
· Master or above of mining & metallurgy or chemistry, related industry experience or graduated
· Has good communication skill and analytical thinking.