We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
The Specialist, Product Safety Reporting and Analytics will be responsible for all activities associated with performance reporting, analytics to ensure a consistent high level of performance and focus on continuous improvement throughout the entire unit. The Specialist will also organize regular meetings and manage follow up on assigned action items. Also, as part of this role the Specialist will coordinate the administration of all non-conformance follow up, Quality Checks monitoring and Service Level Agreements.
· Run monthly data extracts using BASF systems and databases. Validate data accuracy and append necessary information to enable generation of reports.
· Provide monthly KPI reporting as well as other necessary data analytics and reporting to support the smooth and efficient operation of Product Safety Asia Pacific and regulatory development monitoring and reporting for Asia Pacific.
· Work closely with team leads to ensure consistent reporting of performance across all operations including reporting required for the Month/periodical Performance Meetings.
· Support all Lean / Six Sigma projects for the group by conducting detailed data analysis to assist in identification of the root cause for operational inefficiencies.
· Work closely with team to organize Community exchange or regulatory forums, coordinate, follow up and prepare for necessary presentation material and minutes of meeting.
· Coordinate regular meetings of the various groups and establish a system for follow up on outstanding action items.
· Coordinate the administration of Service Level Agreements and ensure proper reporting and related charging.
· Act as key focal to support internal and external audit, including Quality Checks for potential improvements and preventive measures.
· Ensure timely review, update and improve related work documentation such as process description, work guides, etc. to ensure sustainable knowledge retention and standardization within department.
· Continuous self-development through proactive learning and development (70:20:10 approach)
· Bachelor’s degree in scientific area or Business Administration
· At least 3 years relevant experience in related fields, strong experience in data analytics & reporting, experience in chemical regulation or product regulatory affairs will be an added advantage
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Strong knowledge of database tools, data query methods, dashboard, and analytics. Expert in Excel usage including pivot tables, use of functions, and graphing. Strong organization skills.
· Experience in Asia Pacific countries regulatory requirements or Product Safety/Stewardship framework.
· Fluent in written and spoken English. Ability in written and spoken Chinese is an advantage.
· Experience in technology or digital related skill or tool is an advantage, e.g. Robotic Process Automation, Power BI, etc.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Details oriented, proactive and able to work independently