We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF’s DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. Global Digital Services is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our mission is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture. The Digital Hub Kuala Lumpur is one of our global key locations to deliver regional and global solutions for BASF.
The segment Digitalization of Production & Technology, implements digital technologies and applications in the production area, with the aim to improve production effectiveness and efficiency.
At the same time, processes are becoming more efficient and secure, therefore the maintenance measures, revisions and plant upgrades in the future would be solely handled by utilizing digital tools.
With your contribution and close collaboration with the global Digital Plant product teams you will help to create Digital Plants for BASF Sites in Asia Pacific.
You help shape the vision of Digital Plant and continuously expand the applications of the product by developing and implementing innovative ideas.
Digitization / innovation
Act as a Global / Regional representative of BASF Digital community, supporting BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
Our goal is the implementation of digital technologies and applications in chemical plants, to improve work processes and increase the production efficiency.
As a part of the global Digital Plant team:
· You will coordinate the creation of a digital, intelligently linked representation of a real asset – the so-called digital twin. The digital twin will therefore enable many future use cases in other products like augmented reality or artificial intelligence.
· You will coordinate external engineering partners who will create the digital twin
· The digital twin will be created according to defined requirements. Checking the Quality of these 3D-models, according to developed processes, will be one of your main activities.
· Your activities will include the digitalization of a real plant, by following a standardized and proven procedure, create validated 2D and 3D data, too.
· The onsite implementation of the necessary technology, digital workflows and roles within the whole organization of a plant and the respective service providers will also be part of your activities.
· You will guide users how to use digital methods and processes during the asset lifecycle, to raise the potentials of cost and lead time reduction, combined with quality increase in brownfield projects, plant modifications, maintenance, TARM and operations. On the way to the digital asset lifecycle, you will offer change management support, accompanied by training and coaching on easy-to-use tools and enhanced digital processes.
· (Master) Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum 2 - 3 years related working experience in planning or construction of or in chemical plants
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Experience in usage of digital tools and methods in data driven engineering projects
· Good project management and coordination skills
· Working experience in international projects and utilising agile methods
· The will and ability to drive change and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Creative and motivated working style with a strong focus on innovation
· Ability to work in a multicultural and virtual team
· Excellent communication skills in English
· Willingness to travel
· Experiencing Agile way of working or agile implementation approach
· Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.