We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
Why does this position exist? With what permanent objectives?
· Support topic expert in driving Occupational Safety topics to ensure Occupational Safety standards are maintained at all production and office locations across Asia Pacific.
· Providing support to ensure BASF Responsible Care Goals are continuously achieved and adhered to across Asia Pacific.
· Provide consultancy and support to the sub-regions/ countries/ production plants to fulfil legal and BASF requirements on Responsible Care Management System
· Share and implement Best Practices and identify and recommend potential harmonization of given guidelines with legal entities’ specific regulations.
· Provide support, organize seminars, training courses, audits for EHS and Responsible Care with focus on Occupational Safety to regional BASF Group Companies.
· Act as central coordinator for the Asia Pacific Accident-Incident and Global Incident Incidents for Asia-Pacific
· Responsible in investigating and analyzing accidents reported and refers to topic experts for guidance.
· Provides focused support for deriving solutions or providing consultancy for the sites/countries with lagging EHS performance while continuously driving EHS improvements at the other sites/countries
· Ensure guidelines for Occupational Safety are implemented and check for the effectiveness post implementation.
· Ensure Contractor Management systems and construction safety guidelines are in place and always updated.
· Drives behavioral based safety and EHS leadership programs for and at all levels in the organization.
· Responsible for monthly reporting on EHS performance at regional, operating division and site level.
· Facilitates transfer of knowledge and best practices – including a structured ‘learning from incidents’ and provides technical EHS / Occupational Safety expertise, consultation and support as required
· Acts as a backup for the Occupational Safety Expert
· Bachelor’s degree in scientific area, preferably in Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
· 2 to 5 years or more experience as a Production, Process or EHS specialist
· 2 to 5 years of experience with Regional exposure in EHS topics
· Prior experience working in plant operations and management in chemical plants
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel