We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
· To monitor and successfully control credit risk for customer portfolio and accounts receivables including regularly assessing risk, overdues and order blocks.
· To work closely with the businesses, independently prepare solutions to support the manager and senior credit risk manager in ensuring that an acceptable level of risk is maintained and that repayments are made on a timely basis such that losses are kept to a minimum and arrears are economically collected, all with a view to maximize Company working capital, revenue and returns.
· To provide guidance on credit risk management topics and direction to local business units partners and other relevant local stakeholders.
· To manage on behalf of all BASF legal entities, credit risk management tasks and related accounts receivable, based on operational market principle.
· Ensure credit master data setup for new and existing customers. Checking regularly that the customer master data is up-to-date, identifying inactive customers as well as carrying out deactivations by informing the responsible master data team and by changing the customer information in FSCM.
· Obtain necessary information needed and perform risk assessment, recommendation and documentation by using FIT for Credit and FSCM. Monitor credit risk of customers (limit usage, BASF Risk Rating, sales, etc.).
· Perform credit analysis and give recommendation for credit limits included those under Market Principles on regularly basis
· Provide decisions and transparency to stakeholders on credit risk management core processes such as reviewing customer risk, block order management, prolongation approval and debt collection.
· Review, inform (by way of reporting and direct contact) and support the Business Units on delinquent accounts, disputes and unallocated funds and recommend solutions.
· Proactively improve overdue debt with close monitoring; escalate to the credit manager if the customer’s overdue situation becomes worsened.
· Support Regional and Global CRM Monthly Reports by providing feedback and/or following up with local BUs to collect feedback on or before deadline in compliance with reporting requirements.
· Give guidance to the relevant stakeholders – BUs and CSO in areas of customer risk assessment and mitigation, business partnering, debt collection strategies, knowledge of trade and bankruptcy laws, customer visit - if applicable.
· Participate or contribute to local BU strategy / business steering discussions in areas of key customer management, credit risk management and early warning signals.
· Education: Professional qualification in Finance (e.g. ACCA, CPA, etc.) or Bachelor’s degree in finance / Accounting or related disciplines
· Working Experience: Minimum 3 years in Credit Management Function and/or Finance and Controlling.
· Good business acumen and good financial / qualitative analytical skills
· Work with high self-motivation, high reliability and responsibility, dedicated for outstanding performance and passionate to drive team performance and innovation
· Excellent interpersonal skills, very strong project management skills, collaboration and communication skill, high integrity
· IT Skill: Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP and Business Warehouse, Data Analytic tools (PowerPivot, PBI, Tableau), interested in digitalization trend. Knowledge in FSCM is an advantage.