Our Bioscience Research Division works on innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers in sectors, such as the agricultural sector or food industry. Our goal is to improve the quality of life and protect the environment through bioscience. Our creative and diverse team embodies mutual respect and develops market-driven innovations, which make our customers successful.
Our Service unit is part of the Experimental Toxicology and Ecology department, which develops, validates and applies testing strategies to evaluate the potential toxicity and ecological impact of industrial chemicals and plant protection products.
· As part of our team, you will scientifically monitor in vivo toxicity studies with focus on repeated dose and/or reproduction toxicity (mainly in rats).
· In this role, you will closely interact with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) to ensure the conduct and reporting of regulatory toxicity studies in accordance with regulatory guidelines (OECD, GLP, etc.) as well as BASF's quality demands.
· Furthermore, you will be involved in the coordination of the contract management team at our department.
· You will closely work together with other research scientists and colleagues from BASF's regulatory toxicology groups.
· PhD or equivalent qualification in veterinary sciences, biology or food chemistry with long standing experience in the area of experimental or regulatory toxicology
· Work experience as a study director for toxicological in vivo studies or in the area of animal-based research is beneficial
· Knowledge of international regulatory guidelines such as OECD, OPPTS, GLP and ISO
· Good communication skills in German as well as English
· Capable of working well in a diverse team and managing scientific projects enhancing your entrepreneurial drive and innovation orientation
· Connection to an international network of toxicologists from industry, regulators and academia.
· Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
· Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
· Your contribution to a sustainable future because sustainability lies at the heart of everything we do and is a driver of growth.
If possible, please upload the documents into one single PDF file. Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Darleen Griesert, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58701
BASF SE, located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is the corporate headquarters of the BASF Group and part of the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. BASF stands for competence in chemistry since 1865 and is represented today in the world's major consumer markets, with a wide range of products. As the largest employer in the region, BASF SE offers multiple career opportunities for students, university graduates and professionals providing also training in over 30 professions. Leisure, sports, culture and a good infrastructure characterize the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, in which BASF is also involved with numerous activities. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.