We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
At BASF Digital Hub Kuala Lumpur we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
The research group Computational Chemistry Solutions develops digital solutions to provide decision support to research and development activities.
· Help to shape a growing interdisciplinary, agile DevOps team
· Frontend and backend development and maintenance of modern tools on HPC systems as well as web applications
· Use modern development technologies, including version control for code and data
· Design and build scalable flows for validation, ingestion and processing of data
· Building reusable code and libraries for future use, including automated testing, and documentation
· Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
· Implementation of security and data protection
· Constant exchange with research scientists in the team to discuss translation of user requirements into viable technical implementations
Education and work experience
· A Bachelor or master’s degree in Computational Chemistry / Cheminformatics or Computer Science with a strong Chemistry background or a (Computational) Chemistry / Chemical Engineering degree with a strong Computer Science background. Additionally, at least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
Technical & Professional Knowledge (mandatory)
· Profound experience in Python; furthermore, experience in languages like Vue.js, Java-script, Angular
· Experience with Linux and SQL as well as NoSQL databases (esp. Neo4j)
· Familiarity with Linux-based HPC systems
· Familiarity in agile ways of working (Scrum/Kanban) and DevOps elements (e.g. unit testing, version control with GitLab, containerization)
· High ability to work in a structured and precise manner
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Team player with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Technical & Professional Knowledge (additional plus/nice to have skills)
· Experience with Quantum Chemistry and Quantum Chemical codes
· Experience in Spark
· Experience in Palantir Foundry
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.