We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF’s DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. This is our digital VISION for BASF.
Global Digital Services (GDS) is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our MISSION is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture.
Part of the GDS strategy, BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL) is one of the established Digital Hub for APAC region.
In this role, you will:
· focused on a specific set of technologies but also is experienced in some functional process areas
· Understands the business requirements and builds state of the art technical solutions based upon the specification. Keeps deep inside and actual knowledge in specific technology or product areas. This also contains customizing and development and quality assurance of externally delivered services
· Optimizes methodology, tools, guidelines, and techniques for solution development according to IS strategy and enterprise architecture
· Ensures runnable, supportable, and stable solutions from a technical point of view together with operations
· Can assume project manager role when required
Digitization / innovation
Act as a Global / Regional representative of BASF Digital community, supporting BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
· Stay up to date on SAP Integration advancements and make recommendations regarding improvements to processes and procedures.
· Perform root cause analysis and provide solutions for production and development issues.
· Message monitoring to ensure solutions are performed as expected.
· Document test plans and complete unit testing of developed objects.
· Participate in collaboration on break/fixes, enhancements and projects.
· Consults the Business Solution Consultant in technical application questions during the solution design and functional specification phase
· Provide effort estimation for realization and contributes to project planning
· Creates Technical Design Document supported by the Business Solution Consultant
· Performs configuration and development in systems (e.g. customizing in SAP)
· Manage development activities (internal and external resource planning for development)
· Support testing and service transition
· Collaborate with support team to identify areas of process implementation issues /continuous improvement
Software engineering tasks:
· Focus is software design and software architecture of components and applications
· Independent development, enhancement and migration of applications / modules /interfaces / tools / communication solutions
· Integration and testing of software components within the existing application landscape
· Quality assurance and documentation of software developments
· Develop and assure internal guidelines for development activities are met
· Degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field or: IT Application Development Specialist or comparable training with many years of professional experience
· Minimum 3 years’ related working experience
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Experiencing Agile way of working or agile implementation approach
· Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey
· Familiar with SAP PI/PO – CPI environment
· Has experience in designing, building, supporting, and monitoring SAP/CPI interfaces; develop and maintain data mappings, JAVA mappings, XSLT mappings, EDI and XML communications, PI Proxies, interface definitions, and XSDs
· Familiar with File system – FTP, SFTP HTTP/HTTPs, PROXY, IDOC, SOAP, SQL adapters, ALE, and IDOC with SAP PI/PO as messaging service
· Entrepreneurial character
· Well-developed strategic thinking
· Highly developed sense of responsibility
· Highly ambitious and service oriented
· Proactive character
· Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Conflict management skills and conflict awareness
· Highly customer-oriented
· Well-developed sense of teamwork
· Flexible, mobility with regards to assignments at the customer
· Good spoken and written English proficiency