We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been present in Malaysia since 1989, and today operates manufacturing plants in Bukit Raja, Selangor and Pasir Gudang, Johor. BASF’s Shared Services Center in Kuala Lumpur provides functional support services to BASF companies in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also provides infrastructure and utilities support services to its joint ventures BASF PETRONAS Chemicals and Toray BASF Resins at an integrated Verbund site situated in the Gebeng Industrial Zone, Pahang. BASF posted sales to customers in Malaysia of approximately €309 million in 2019 and had 2,090 employees as of the end of the year. Further information is available on the internet at www.basf.com/my.
Objectives of the Position
· Responsible sales and business development (Sales turnover mio eur /year, ccm1 3 mio eur/year, DSO, DIV etc), incl. global and regional KAs and distributor management.
· Responsible industries’ strategy implementation at Home Care, I&I cleaning, MST, Textile, Agro industry.
· Provide input for account plan, pricing strategy and market intelligence
Business develop and customer management
· Calling and visiting existing/prospective customers to understand and identify their needs to create a long -term customer supplier relationship. Key account management with multinational company and cooperate with regional key account manager.
· Define sales activities in the responsible areas by developing sales pipelines & account plans, carrying out customer events for new product launches and portfolio selling, implementing appropriate service levels, implementing pricing strategies and driving business growth to achieve maximum absolute margin.
· Provide technical sales coverage to direct accounts/ distributo r and responsible for sales value at industry formulation and Agro industry.
· Manage existing customers CSP, orders entry, delivery and payments relative daily works. Provide accurate sales forecast, supporting efficient planning of products and services
· Keep close communication with regional and local team to provide ongoing support and ensure customer satisfaction. Work closely with regional marketing for strategy implementation and business development. Provide on-time report of market intelligence, monthly forecast, sales pipeline and visit reports in CRM
· Initiate the collaboration with other cross functional teams such as marketing, Tech Support, PM, SCM to ensure customer satisfaction, e.g. delivery reliability, and achieving business growth. Proactively identify resource requirement, optimization opportunities as well as the implementation of best practices to ensure sales efficiency and effectiveness. Support country platform cross BU collaboration to work as ONE company
· Establish a database to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends, the application of products/technology and service needs etc. in order to identify new business opportunities.
· Market research project to develop competitor grid and bench marking analyses on competitors’ positioning and performance of their competitive products.
· Bachelor’s degree or above, Major in Chemistry, Agriculture or science discipline preferred Working
· Minimum 3 years’ working experience as sales, marketing or tech support at surfactant/agricuture industries background preferred.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Fluent in verbal and written English
· Willingness to travel