We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
· Pursue sales and achieve the personal sales objectives with the product range of the assigned product(s) in the assigned Sub-Area.
· In addition, support business development and customer management by initially identifying potential customers, provision of updated market intelligence to supervisor/team, coordination with customer services/ logistics personnel where necessary, implement farmer focus in crop solution/product promotion, etc.
· Plan how to establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets for each assigned account by calling and visiting existing/prospective customers to understand and identify their needs to create a long-term customer supplier relationship
· Support local channel partners to set up retailer network in the asigned Sub-area;
· Implement AP Go-to-market strategy, develop business consistently via demand ceration activities;
· Coordinate and work with Crop Innovation Specialist team/ marketing team/ logistic personnel to solve customer complaints
· Draft proposal on sales and marketing, technical solutions to customers and ensure account strategy are exploited consistently. Research, identify and develop existing and potential customer portfolio
· Consolidate data on customer needs, including product application, services requirements, buying cycles, delivery schedules and internal regulations like pricing structure for defined, customer credibility/ profiles to help secure/enhance business opportunities and identify future customers
· Coordinate use of other company resources, e.g. technical services, marketing communication activities to provide valued added services to accounts with the objective to influence selling potential
· Collect data to establish a database to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends, the application of products/ technology and service needs, etc in order to support identifying new business opportunities. Conduct initial analyses as necessary and requested
· Collect and initially analyze data for market research project to develop competitor grid and benchmarking on competitors’ positioning and the performance of their competitive products
· Provide timely report to supervisor/ team members
· Education: University Graduate in Crop Protection, Agriculture or related studies
· Working Experience: 3 years in Crop Protection
· Technical & Professional Knowledge: Computer skills in Microsoft Office