We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
R&D Management and Project Support (2001011) – Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to implement project management under direction of the manager or in collaboration with other members of the R&D Management (RDM) team. This includes budget & resource management, utilizing BASF systems complying with defined timelines. You will manage actions, including ownership of R&D project dashboards to support product launch excellence (PLE). You will also coordinate competitor seed treatment product profiling globally, support development of communication tools such as technical benefits documents, topic of public concern position documents, and educational materials on pesticide usage. Additionally, you will coordinate and organize R&D budgets and product samples and collaborate with the RDM team and global R&D ST personnel to meet sample shipment requests, including tracking of timelines by regions and region-specific regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your technical knowledge of all major row crops defined as strategic for the global ST business. Although not required, any experience you have in seed treatment or seed R&D and/or agronomic experience with major strategic row crops.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Your proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to utilize ARM / SPEAD / SWATT will be essential as you maintain and track R&D budget and resources for global and APN seed treatment projects.
· Demonstrating your strong project management and organizational skills, you will work in collaboration with peers in APR/GE as well as APM/GE to assure timelines and project tracking is current.
· Utilizing your solid technical knowledge related to ST, including technical market drivers and R&D methodology, you will monitor, track and report on competitive profiling for global Seed Treatment industry, including fungicides, insecticides, biological-based products and coatings.
· Your robust analytical skills will aid you in developing and maintaining competitor technical overviews, including R&D SWOT.
· Your strong verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you support the RDM team on actions and follow up with regions with respect to R&D objectives or activities. You will also coordinate annual data reviews with each region including APM/GE, when appropriate and maintain data reports by region for product and project responsibilities.
· Leveraging your education in a biological or agricultural science such as plant pathology, plant physiology, microbiology, entomology, nematology, agronomy or similar and your related experience, you will establish and maintain technical knowledge of the BASF portfolio of commercial and experimental seed treatment products.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.