We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer (2001402) – Spartanburg, SC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a professional like you to achieve site goals in the areas of manufacturing technology advancement, productivity and quality improvements using continuous improvement tools including Lean and Six Sigma.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education in an Engineering discipline and professional experience in manufacturing, you will drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost through the effective engagement of the operations employees.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will collaborate with unit operations to clearly understand customer needs and expectations and participate in cross functional teams in the pursuit of problem solving and mistake proofing quality problems.
· Utilizing your knowledge and training in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies, 5s, SMED, VSM, Kaizen and other continuous improvement methodologies, you will teach, demonstrate and coordinate Lean implementation and activities on the shop floor such as Kanban, Material Conveyance, Production flow, Stream Mapping, Problem-Solving, Standardized work, Setup reduction, 5S, Visual Workplace. You will also lead Kaizen events as needed.
· Your proven organizational skills will be useful as you establish, monitor and follow-up on required product testing as required by customer, internal, and benchmarking requirements, to assure product/design intent, function, and integrity.
· Demonstrating your commitment to LEAN methodologies, you will lead and implement Lean/Six Sigma improvements within the Manufacturing and Supply chain organizations. This includes ensuring consistency and sustainability of Lean/Six Sigma methods and assisting plant Lean teams in sustaining gains achieved in Lean efforts.
· As a role model, you will provide training for production teams and culture change within the organization and support unit operations in implementing best practices.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.