Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
Our unit Early Biology works in laboratories and greenhouses on the molecular mechanisms of chemistry for crop protection.
· You will work on the identification and isolation of secondary metabolites and natural compounds form different sources.
· Moreover, you will assess possible biological systems for the biosynthesis of secondary metabolites and natural compounds.
· Furthermore, you will evaluate the biosynthesis of compounds in different heterologous production systems.
· Last but not least, you will coordinate fermentation optimization in bacterial and fungal expression systems.
· PhD in biochemistry or microbiology as well as profound expertise in the areas of biochemistry including micro and molecular biology
· knowledge of natural product biosynthetic pathways and analytical characterization of natural products
· experience with secondary metabolite isolation as well as analytical and chromatographic separation techniques is a plus
· well-versed in software-driven untargeted metabolite profiling approaches as well as analysis software and tools
· fluent German and good English language skills
· From day one you will be part of the BASF family.
· You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an interdisciplinary environment.
· Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided tours.
· In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world´s leading chemical company. Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Karina Urich, email@example.com, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58528
As a reliable partner of the rural economy, Agricultural Solutions offers innovative, sustainable solutions for plant protection and health. With the agricultural center in Limburgerhof, close to the BASF Group headquarters in Ludwigshafen, you can expect an attractive place for both work and play in the Rhine-Neckar region. Learn more about BASF SE at on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.