In our Service Unit Intellectual Property, we are responsible for all services relating to Intellectual Property, i.e. patents, trademarks, trade secrets, plant variety protection, copyrights, designs and IP Intelligence, as well as all IP-contracts. We are a global team servicing the entire BASF group and work in close alliance with the operating business units as well as with the research and technology platforms. In this way we create a basis for future business success and actively influence BASF's competitive situation.
As Patent Counsel in the Global Intellectual Property Service Cluster you will actively shape patent and IP contract activities for the Care Chemicals business unit. In doing so, you align your advice with the business strategies of the areas you are in charge of.
· You will acquire in-depth knowledge of the technologies, strategies and objectives of the areas you cover to achieve business objectives.
· You will analyse BASF's research and development results with regard to the protectability as well as value of achievable protection and will be responsible for protecting these results with industrial property rights.
· Furthermore, you will analyse third-party industrial property rights with regard to their scope of protection and their impact on possible BASF products as well as processes and advise the business unit on all available options.
· You will design patent portfolios that are optimally aligned with the business strategy and ensure that they are used worldwide to enforce business interests.
· completed studies in a scientific or scientific-technical course of study and completed training as a European Patent Attorney and/or as a patent assessor/ patent attorney
· several years of professional experience gained in a patent department of an industrial company, in a patent law firm or at a patent office
· ideally experience in drafting and negotiating IP contracts as well as knowledge of licensing rights and contract law
· convincing and business fluent communication in English as well as good German language skills
· Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life
· Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one
· A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Rina Domke, Tel.:+49 30 2005-59769
Cooperation with recruitment agencies is not accepted.
Moisturizing creams, mild shampoos, strong styling gels, glossy lipsticks and protective sunscreens – all of these products contain ingredients made by BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH, a BASF subsidiary. Using natural, renewable raw materials, we develop and produce a large range of ingredients for the personal care sector. Learn more about BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH at on.basf.com/ECareandNutrition
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.