We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
The Asia Pacific Trading Center (APTC) creates a focal point to connect suppliers all around the globe to all Asian countries. It handles intra-company purchase orders and hence acts as a virtual trading organization providing a high degree of control over import / export supply chain activities for regional business units. It creates substantial tax advantages for our organization. The Cluster Lead will ensure an efficiently executed process with a consistent high level of service to be able to meet the growing needs of the businesses in Asia Pacific
· BL draft checking (for LC orders, 3rd party supplier orders and key customer orders)
· Manage Insurance Certificate (if necessary)
· Follow up BL receipt status based on ETD
· Collection of Original Bill of Lading and other documents from goods suppliers
· Provide full and accurate required documents to internal and external customers.
· Upload / maintain documents in SAP for audit trail
· Support documents for internal and external audit purpose.
· Register all and follow-up with all non-conformances in the NCM system. Chase the investigators to ensure a quick and efficient customer response
· Participate proactively in new workflow for on time & accurate documents
· Service contact for assigned countries – monitor order status and provide update information to the countries
· Processing of sales and purchase orders from various asian sales companies and/or customers in a timely manner.
· Ensure that delivery capability and reliability of all orders
· Ensure that a minimum internal cycle time of order processing is achieved by improving the process wherever possible
· Verifying pricing with Marketing and execute & monitor all guidelines implemented
· Troubleshooting and problem solving
· Process debit and credit notes wherever applicable (BU)
· Education: Bachelor degree or High Diploma preferably in Business or Supply Chain Management
· Working Experience: 2-4 years relevant experience in supply chain management, including hands-on experience in order management and shipping document handling.
· Technical & Professional Knowledge: Supply Chain Management / process knowledge, SAP (SD module) experience, operational order management including shipping documentation, foreign documentary trade, good communication skills.