We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been present in Malaysia since 1989, and today operates manufacturing plants in Bukit Raja, Selangor and Pasir Gudang, Johor. BASF’s regional service hub in Kuala Lumpur provides functional support services to BASF companies in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also provides infrastructure and utilities support services to its joint ventures BASF PETRONAS Chemicals and Toray BASF Resins at an integrated Verbund site situated in the Gebeng Industrial Zone, Pahang. BASF posted sales to customers in Malaysia of approximately €309 million in 2019 and had 2,090 employees as of the end of the year. Further information is available on the internet at www.basf.com/my.
Objectives of the Position
Working in alternate shift carrying out packaging activities according to work instruction, in a safe manner and according to procedure and instruction
· Prepare the required packaging material for packaging according to packaging in charge instruction.
· Ensure all environmental, health and safety rules and guidelines are being adhered to maintain high safety standards and a safe environment.
· Carry out bagging activities by following all the required instruction.
· Perform line flush out whenever there is product change and ensure that the drained material is label and return according to requirement.
· Inform on any safety violation and equipment failures.
· Carry out housekeeping at the packaging area according to requirement.
· Ensure all required quality records are recorded, verified and stored accordingly.
· Carry out line cleaning as required to ensure all areas in packaging system are clean for product packaging.
· Assists the production personnel in carrying out line cleaning product change or other production activities whenever there is no additional bagging activities in packaging
· To support the implementation of Environment, Health, Safety, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO TS 16949 and 5S by practicing them accordingly to ensure full compliance with the requirements as stipulated in the system.
· Maintain cleanliness according to 5S requirement.
· Carry out packaging activities.
· Knowledge of requirement of an TS 16949 – Packaging requirement
· Knowledge of ISO 14001 requirements – Handling on waste
· Knowledge of Permit to Work System