We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
· Provide procurement transaction processing support to deliver procurement services identified within the procurement service platform to BASF group companies in accordance with established policies, guidelines, processes and work procedures, which was in compliance with BASF procurement policies and local company legal and statutory requirements.
· Ensure customer’s and vendor’s queries are resolved in a timely, responsible and pro-active manner
· Work closely with other service delivery streams to ensure smooth purchase-to-pay integration
· Contract implementation & monitoring: maintain outline agreements in SAP based on agreed terms and conditions
· Request the creation and maintenance of vendor master data in SAP, support Master Data Team (if applicable)
· Support supplier onboarding process
· Ensure usage and support implementation of globally defined processes to drive operational excellence (e.g. buying channels, guidelines)
Purchase request (PR):
· support iBP with PR creation and if required identify and assign Source of Supply
· process incoming Purchase Requisitions and ensure incl. transfer to SPS
Purchase Order (PO)
· Ensure PR-PO conversion based on agreed terms and conditions, ensure PO transmission within the SLA
· conduct issue and error handling for automated purchase orders
· Perform PO monitoring including process order confirmation from suppliers, manage order changes, track and trace the PO
· Monitor and control all stages of purchase order process
· Goods Receipt: support iBP, if required
· Invoice Verification: check price differences in close collaboration with Buyer / Supplier / iBP
· Support Accounts Payable via workcycle for invoice discrepancies if required
· Co-ordinate NCM according to agreed procedure as investigator and/or as support for Buyer and/or iBP, follow up until resolved
· Tertiary education, preferably in business administration, supply chain management (with focus on procurement) or related subjects
· 2-4 years of procurement experience & relevant experience
· Knowledge & experience working in SAP environment with SAP’s purchase-to-pay process is a must
· Work experience in Shared Service Center in Procurement area is preferred.
· Must have high sense of responsibility
· Good understanding of commercial, economical and purchasing concepts in chemical industry
· Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive and be able to work under pressure and independently. Focus to details.
· Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Words, Excel, PowerPoint
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· Knowledge of any other Asian language is of advantage