We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
The Officer, Customer Order Management, will execute the customer order management processes with a consistent high level of service across ASEAN, ANZ, Taiwan for the Customer Service which is still with GB.
(Operations and Performance):
· Execute the Customer Order Management processes set up in KL Hub with the different models & interfaces
· Processing of sales and purchase orders from various customers in a timely manner
· Service contact for assigned countries – monitor order status and provide update information to the countries and customers
· BL draft checking (for LC orders, 3rd party supplier orders and key customer orders)
· Manage Insurance Certificate (if necessary)
· Follow up BL receipt status based on ETD
· Collection of Original Bill of Lading and other documents from goods suppliers
· Provide full and accurate required documents to customers
· Upload / maintain documents in SAP for audit trail
· Support documents for internal and external audit purpose
· Register all and follow-up with all non-conformances in the NCM system to ensure a quick and efficient customer response
· Participate proactively in new workflow for on time & accurate documents
· Ensure that delivery capability and reliability of all orders
· Ensure that a minimum internal cycle time of order processing is achieved by improving the process wherever possible
· Verifying pricing with Marketing and execute & monitor all guidelines implemented
· Troubleshooting and problem solving
· Process debit and credit notes wherever applicable (BU)
· Bachelor degree or High Diploma preferably in Business or Supply Chain Management
· 2-4 years relevant experience in supply chain management, including hands-on experience in order management and shipping document handling
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Supply Chain Management / process knowledge, SAP (SD module) experience, operational order management including shipping documentation, foreign documentary trade, good communication skills.