We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, as well as a global and regional research and development hub in Shanghai, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry. BASF posted sales of approximately €8.5 billion in 2020 to customers in Greater China and employed 8,948 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
· Responsible for high complexity projects or small programs from the initiation to the closing phase. Can assume responsibility for project budget typically of up to 20 Mio Euro.
· Partner for the sponsor and other stakeholders to deliver the project successfully
· Understands and leads the project with focus on business targets
· Responsible for delivering complete project in time, budget, scope and quality
· Leads large cross-functional, cross-regional project teams throughout the project phases in a global environment with teams of different organizational units
· Responsible to setup project organization, identify relevant roles and staff the project team
· Adherence and enablement of project process compliance. Supports project approval process and responsible for the achievement of project stage gates, including status and financial reporting
· Responsible for change request management during project execution
· Establishment and continues development and realization of project change and communication plans
· Can manage multiple projects at the same time
· Sets targets for project members, when necessary aligns with the functional manager and supports employee development measures
· Contributes to the development of other project managers through coaching
· Provides M&A IT consulting expertise and strategy input during due diligence and planning phase of projects.
· can exercise the role in the context of very large or complex programs as workstream lead/sub project manager.
· The responsibilities then apply in the same general sense and are tailored to fit the area of responsibility.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
· Masters degree / University degree / University of Applied Sciences degree (Information Technologies, Business IT, Business Administration)
· Or corresponding completed vocational training with several years career experience in various assignments (project management, business consulting, etc.) as well as additional education
· Must have at least 5 years professional experience in project management
· Should have experience in the area of the project portfolio applied for M&A
· Should have PMP Certification or similar (PMI, Prince, etc.)
· Should have experience in the area of the project portfolio applied for M&A (mergers, acquisitions, divestitures)
· Apart from project management experience, 2-3 years experience as business or technical consultant for a topic in the area of infrastructure or applications is required
Knowledge & Skills
· Excellent knowledge of project management processes and methods
· Strong entrepreneurial drive, leading teams to success
· Demonstrate customer focus
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Collaborate for achievement
· Strong organizational awareness
· Developed conflict management skills
· Strategic thinking
· Fluent language skills in mother tongue and English (written and spoken); an additional business-relevant language is a plus
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Center is based in Malaysia, we may reach you via Malaysia phone number.