We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
· Participate in engineering design reviews, analyze design specifications and understand electrical/mechanical/Optical constraints to design, and ensure cost effective designs.
· Work closely with German colleagues to develop and launch new products such as Optical sensing products for Iot, Access Control and Smartphone
· Work closely with partners to ensure production requirements and specifications are met
· Troubleshoot production issues with the partners
· You have professional experience in at least one of: Optical 3D measurement systems, specifically Structured Light or Active Stereo
· Smartphone hardware experience, esp. cameras (e.g. as an electronic, systems, or integration engineer)
· Business-level fluent in English
· Native-level fluent in oral and written Chinese (普通话)
· Familiar with the camera module eco-system: Mobile, Notebook, IOT, Automotive, Payment
· Willing to travel to vendor sites within China, Taiwan, and maybe Korea, assuming the pandemic allows it
· A collaborative team player
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively with team members
· Self-motivated, used to working independently in a very small group
· Ability to troubleshoot complex design issues and perform root cause analyses
· Understanding of optical systems: cameras, lenses, lasers
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Center is based in Malaysia, we may reach you via Malaysia phone number.