We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
· According to the general guidance developed on the base of EHS (Environment, Health, Safety) requirements and Responsible Care ® principles and practices, lead the implementation of the EHS programs to ensure the compliance of company, corporate and mandatory EHS requirements; and assure management’s initiatives in taking necessary actions to raise employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid and protect employee from hazards and occupational illnesses in the workplace
Main Tasks & Training
Implementation of EHS concepts
· Interpret and communicate the applicable company, corporate and mandatory EHS regulations and requirements to the line management, including recommendation on implementation and improvement actions to support meeting the safety and environmental protection standards.
EHS preventive measures and objectives
· Implement the agreed company safety standards and preventive guidelines by working with line managers to identify the common safety/health hazards inherent in the company’s existing and future operations processes covering production, transportation, warehousing work processes/ product etc. in order to enforce EHS implementation to eliminate the damages related to industrial hazards.
· Review equipment and processes for potential hazards and recommend improvement to line management.
· Consolidate the training needs and implement EHS training program to strengthen the employees’ awareness on EHS. May need to conduct training/workshop, introduction programs.
Monitoring EHS performance
· Identify and interpret applicable EHS regulations to recommend priorities and improvement actions, including developing safe work practices and measures with line personnel to monitor conformance through safety and housekeeping inspections.
· Organize the audits of EHS performance with the necessary BASF or external partners and initially consolidate/summarize the performance reports in order to ensure the correct and consistent implementation of the EHS requirements/regulations, and alert line management the detected problem areas.
· According to the supervisor’s guidance and company requirements, assist in/lead the investigation of incidents or problem areas to recommend improvement/preventive measures.
· Establish and maintain a documentation system to keep company, corporate and mandatory EHS rules/regulations, communication materials, inspection and audit reports/materials etc. to ensure that the major activities are properly documented according to needs.
· Initially prepare EHS statistics, analysis and reports (e.g. incidents, training times) for internal and external (BASF, government authorities, third party auditor where applicable) use in order to help monitor the conformance of company/ corporate/mandatory EHS requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Science/Engineering or relevant field
· More than 3 years of work experience in chemical plant or relevant field preferred
· Fluent in English both spoken and written
· Advanced computing skills (e.g. Office software)
· Good communication skills and team working
· Act with Entrepreneurial Drive
· Communicate Effectively
· Collaborate for Achievement