In our Service Unit Intellectual Property, we are responsible for all services relating to Intellectual Property, i.e. patents, trademarks, trade secrets, plant variety protection, copyrights, designs and IP Intelligence, as well as all IP-contracts. We are a global team servicing the entire BASF group and work in close alliance with the operating business units as well as with the research and technology platforms. In this way we create a basis for future business success and actively influence BASF's competitive situation.
During the training in our IP Digital unit you will gain the knowledge that will allow you to work independently as a patent counsel. Our multidisciplinary, international team supports BASF's cutting-edge digital innovation pipeline ranging from artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain to quantum computing in chemicals.
· From the beginning you will work with real cases and take responsibility for a technology area in BASF's global innovation pipeline.
· You will learn how to identify digital inventions and draft digital patent applications.
· You will gain first insights into IP risk management such as the preparation of freedom-to-operate opinions or defending BASF against claims arising from third party property rights.
· You will be involved in contract negotiations and contract drafting related to intellectual property rights.
· You will have the opportunity to get to know and shape innovative IP processes as part of your training.
· After completing your training, you will work independently and advise on complex IP situations.
· scientific or technical studies as well as a sound understanding of digital technologies
· interest in legal questions, technical descriptions and lifelong learning
· solution-oriented way of working in cooperation with internal and external partners
· analytical expertise, strong innovative and entrepreneurial thinking
· fluent in English and ideally also in German
· Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
· Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
· An attractive competitive salary that is based on the company's success and your individual performance.
· A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
Please note that in accordance with the works agreement of BASF SE, internal applicants will be considered in preference to applicants from BASF group companies.
If possible, please upload the documents into one single PDF file. Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Maria Bergmann, Tel.:+49 30 2005-59113
BASF SE, located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is the corporate headquarters of the BASF Group and part of the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. BASF stands for competence in chemistry since 1865 and is represented today in the world's major consumer markets, with a wide range of products. As the largest employer in the region, BASF SE offers multiple career opportunities for students, university graduates and professionals providing also training in over 30 professions. Leisure, sports, culture and a good infrastructure characterize the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, in which BASF is also involved with numerous activities. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.