We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been present in Malaysia since 1989, and today operates manufacturing plants in Bukit Raja, Selangor and Pasir Gudang, Johor. BASF’s Shared Services Center in Kuala Lumpur provides functional support services to BASF companies in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also provides infrastructure and utilities support services to its joint ventures BASF PETRONAS Chemicals and Toray BASF Resins at an integrated Verbund site situated in the Gebeng Industrial Zone, Pahang. BASF posted sales to customers in Malaysia of approximately €309 million in 2019 and had 2,090 employees as of the end of the year. Further information is available on the internet at www.basf.com/my.
Objectives of the Position
· Working normal hour shift according to work instruction and procedure as well as the ISO related system that the company subscribe to.
· Responsible of processing, documenting and up keeping the maintenance documentation system.
· Coordinate with the Supervisor & Technicians, Maintenance on producing, updating and controlling the preventive and predictive schedule including contractor.
· Conduct technical knowledge sharing & guidance to Maintenance Technicians to ensure all having the required skill.
· To be technical expert for PMU Surfboard equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Attend maintenance related meetings to update on all maintenance activities for PMU & PMA plant.
· Ensure daily work orders are produced, updated via SAP PM and documented accordingly for PMU & PMA plant.
· Ensure spare parts ordering, maintaining stock level and consumption according to requirement for PMU & PMA plant.
· Assist the maintenance team in improvement activities – documentation and work system for PMU & PMA plant.
· Ensure that preventive Maintenance program is followed and documented for PMU & PMA plant.
· Plan and organise all maintenance breakdown activities in system according to production requirement or schedule for PMU & PMA plant.
· To assist the maintenance supervisor to monitor and supervise outside contractors while working in the workshop area for PMU & PMA plant.
· Assist Supervisor, Maintenance in carrying out small projects for PMU & PMA plant.
· Assist Supervisor & Manager, Maintenance in up keeping all relevant documentation for PMU & PMA plant.
· Train & guide all newcomers & existing Maintenance Technicians to achieve the required skill set for PMU & PMA plant.
· Assist Supervisor, Maintenance on ensuring the Corrective / Predictive / Preventive job are carried out correctly to ensure proper equipment performance & lifetime for PMU & PMA plant.
· Ensure a good housekeeping and proper waste disposal in the maintenance according the procedures and governmental regulation.
· Ensure a safe working environment and proper safety regulations are followed by related plant personnel and contractors.
· Carry out special task and project when instructed by Superior for PMU & PMA plant.
· Report deviations to Superior on deviations of related systems for PMU & PMA plant.
· Collect data for monitoring of targets set for the relevant Management systems for PMU & PMA plant.
· To support the implementation of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO IATF 16949, EnMS50001 and Process Safety Management by practicing them accordingly to ensure full compliance with the requirements as stipulated in the system.
· Education: Technical Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical engineering.
· Working Experience: 3 – 4 years
· Technical & Professional Knowledge: Well known on hydraulic & pneumatic system, fabrication and welding job.
· Knowledge on mechanical engineering of a manufacturing environment.
· Know how to troubleshoot and rectify on mechanical problem.
· Able to use Microsoft Applications
· Knows how to do fabrication and welding job
· Able to work independently with guidance and supervision