We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2021 as one of America’s Best Large Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Foreign Trade Representative (2100451) - Houston, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for representing the company as the primary point of contact for export affiliates / customers and under direct supervision, you will be responsible for the entire order fulfillment process including responsibility for export order documentation. As a member of the North America Petrochemicals Supply Chain team, you will be constantly challenged to use your continuous improvement mindset by looking for optimization opportunities in our overall supply chain. Our dedicated Foreign Trade Reps collaborate with our internal partners, as well as our 3rd party logistics providers, to communicate to the customer with confidence. Our Supply Chain team acts as solution champions, delivering winning results and premiere customer experience.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational and professional background in Supply Chain Management, Customer Care, or Exports , you will manage complex projects and timelines for Foreign Trade including organizing clear key deliverables, establishing and meeting deadlines, action item management and resolution, information sharing with stakeholders, decision-making, collaboration, and final presentation.
· Your ability to fluently speak Spanish will be critical to interact with the customer in a helpful and friendly manner and to understand customer needs, and will be a valued asset as you develop and maintain customer relationships for high-profile accounts all over the globe. This includes providing consistent quality service and acting as a liaison for customers and external service providers.
· Your knowledge and understanding of supply chain processes and materials planning will be essential as you effectively and efficiently manage order to cash process activities such as expediting, basic returns, back order monitoring, sample orders, consignment order process, and removing obstacles that may impact customer requirements and BASF’s ability to satisfy them.
· Your knowledge of Non-Conformance Management (NCM) measures will be a plus as you execute the process, including investigation and reporting.
· Demonstrating your proficiency in SAP, you will follow up on order requirements and extract reports to provide customers and account managers with the most up to date information regarding order status.
· Demonstrating your strong problem-solving ability, you will understand and enforce stated business rules and raise awareness to situations where a resolution requires cross functional coordination.
· Utilizing your robust analytical and computer skills (specifically MS Word, Excel, and SAP), you will complete material availability inquiries, price discrepancy questions, and you will provide reports to customers and account managers with the most up to date information regarding order status. Your proven organizational skills will be beneficial as you establish and improve work procedures and processes for different transportation modes that support the company and departmental standards.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.