We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of more than €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF’s DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. This is our digital VISION for BASF.
Global Digital Services (GDS) is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our MISSION is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture.
Order Management Solutions creates, delivers and runs digital applications for users managing Sales &
Distribution activities in the movement of goods between BASF divisions and end-customers. Working agile, we enable functionality of core systems & processes. We partner and consult with stakeholders to innovate solutions proactively across multiple technology platforms to anticipate future needs.
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a team that is end-to-end accountable for order management solutions with focus on the APAC region. The order management APAC team is ensuring that customer requirements are understood, analyzed and translated to IT products in an agile fashion using the Scrum framework. The team is responsible for development and operations of the respective SAP application. The DevOps Engineer will be part of the Scrum development team and work on backlog items in a self-organized way.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities
· Develop, configure and run complex applications in the area of SAP SD.
· Working on user and system generated tickets that cannot be solved by the Support desk. This comprises analysis of the issues, implementation of solutions, instruction and training of the affected user.
· Implementation through development (ABAP/ ABAP OO / Adobe Forms) and/or customizing in SAP and of relevant digital applications.
· Support change requests / projects, including efforts estimation and solution design. Thereafter, ensure further development, evolution and optimization.
· Design of possible technical solutions for subject-specific business requirements in coordination with other DevOps engineers and internal business partners within BASF.
· Design and implementation of prototypes using new technologies such as S/4 HANA, Fiori, API and in a distributed system landscape (SAP UI5, Cloud or mobile applications)
· Collaboration with external partners and internal BASF customers.
· Active participation in Scrum events, proactive, self-organized pulling of tasks from an agile backlog.
· Support of the BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
Job Requirements (minimum requirement to carry out the work)
· Education Degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field
· Required skills / experience
· Minimum 3-5 years related working experience with complex SAP applications; knowledge of Sales & Distribution processes.
· At least 2 SAP project lifecycle implementation experience is desirable
· Functional knowledge regarding processes in SD / Order-to-Cash
· Good knowledge of SAP SD customizing.
· ABAP programming knowledge
· Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey
· Agile mindset, self-organized way of working.
· Working under international environment is a must. English language by default.
Desired skills / experience
· Programming experience with ABAP OO, ABAP unit testing, SAP Fiori UI
· Experience with agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
· Experience with S/4 HANA
· Knowledge of EDI, IDoc and ABAP-Proxy communication