We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
· Conduct lab experiments under minimal guidance of a lab supervisor / lab leader.
· Accumulate experimental experience in emulsion polymerization by conducting synthesis and stability testing in the lab
· Comply with BASF Environmental, Health and Safety policies
· Under supervision of lab supervisors /lab leaders, perform lab experiments by using standard techniques, procedures and equipment.
· Document results and record allocation of working hours.
· Prepare, run, and maintain lab equipment such as reactors, analytical instruments, etc.
· Carry out general lab assignments (e.g. raw material inventory review, lab house-keeping, etc.).
· Learn about emulsion polymers and their production processes, as well as applications.
· Learn about BASF (business units, production sites, etc.).
· Education: College degree or above in chemistry, polymer chemistry, chemical engineering or related majors.
· 0-3 years of working experience in Polymer Science & Technology. Background or experience with emulsion polymerisation would be an advantage
· Basic English skills, fluent in English would be an advantage