You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as one of Canada's Best 100 Employers in 2021 and was honored as one of Canada’s Safest Employers Award. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Canola Breeding Summer Associate
Contract Duration : 4 - 6 months (Summer)
Location: Headingley, Manitoba
As a Breeding Associate, you will join our Breeding team where you will be involved in:
· Field trials for local and global breeding programs with the goal of developing hybrids that provide the highest return to growers.
· You will be responsible for field activities relating to variety development and registration from seeding to harvest including seed set up, land preparation, seeding, pest control, pollination management, plot maintenance, parental development, harvesting and supervision of casual employees as required.
· You will also be involved in crop health diagnosis through daily monitoring of field and research plots, data collection and analysis.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
· Strong agronomic competence attained through pursuing or having obtained your degree in Agriculture or another college along with experience in the Agriculture Industry
· Demonstrate problem solving skills
· Ability to be flexible and modify plans as situations arise minimizing impact on results
· Interest in canola development
· Ability to deliver results in pursuit of both individual and team goals
· Previous farm or machinery experience an asset but not required