We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, as well as numerous sites around the country, BASF is a major investor in China’s chemical industry, and runs the BASF Innovation Campus Shanghai as a global research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2017 to customers in Greater China, and employed 8,982 people as of the end of the year. Objectives As the head of one of our lab teams, you will provide technical solutions for complex analytical assignments using existing and new technologies and methods. You will also actively drive the technical development and grow BASF’s knowledge base in specific analytical fields. Main Tasks
· Transform request objectives into work plans for the lab team, and analyze and interpret experimental results.
· Develop new methods and procedures for testing or analysis within the lab team.
· Constantly discuss and align analytical activities with customers and global team.
· Proactively advise customer (as a coordinator).
· Monitor the quality of the work in the lab and of the data delivered to the customer, and monitor time targets (e.g. data delivery date to customer).
· Present and document results.
· Organize and supervise roles, responsibilities and work routines within the lab team, and instruct, coach the lab team. Requirements
· PhD in a chemistry related major.
· At least 5 years of conducting scientific experiments in chemical labs (including PhD period).
· At least 1 year international experience in polymer related R&D (post-doc or industry) is a plus.
· Proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese.