We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
· A key member of the R&D team for industrial coating, particularly focusing on metal substrates. The position is expected to contribute scientific knowhow and understanding in polymer development for the relevant applications, and drive innovation projects in line with business strategy. Developing new products that bring business impact is a key performance indicator for this position
· Conduct scientific research and develop technical solutions for complex product development projects; Design technical approaches and run scientific experiments
· Works closely in research group to identify and provide fundamental understanding of key challenging in metal protective coating.
· Interacts, communicates and collaborates closely with marketing and key customers to better understand unmet customer needs and identify product development opportunities
· Maintain a vigilant watch and review regularly of new scientific discovery in published relevant technical and patent literature
· Leads lab team and cross-functional Phase-Gate Innovation project teams to achieve project objectives in a timely manner
· Write research and development reports
· Supports production trouble-shooting and manufacturing problem-solving
· Manage lab facilities to ensure smooth and safe lab operations
· PhD (preferred) or Master’s degree in Chemistry (preferably polymer-related or organic synthesis fields) or Chemical Engineering, PhD preferred
· with at least 8 years of experience of conducting scientific experiments in chemical labs (including study period)
· PhD’s degree with at least 2 years industrial experience, overseas experience preferred. Experiences in polymerization, controlled/living radical polymerization, coating formulation and performance testing are highly desirable.
· Master’s degree with at least 8 years industrial experience, overseas experience preferred. Experiences in polymerization, controlled/living radical polymerization, coating formulation and performance testing are highly desirable
· fluent English (reading, writing and presenting)