We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
· As a head of lab team provide technical solutions for complex analytical assignments using existing and new technologies, methods etc. Actively drive the technical development and knowledge gain for the company on respective analytical fields –chromatography and hyphenated techniques.
· Develop technical solutions using existing and new technologies, methods etc.
· Transform the request objectives into work plans for lab team, analyze & interpret experimental results
· Develop new methods and procedures for testing or analysis within the lab team
· Constantly discuss and align analytical activities with customers and global team
· Proactively advise customer or internal partners
· Monitor quality of the work in the lab and of the data delivered to the customer, and monitor time targets (e.g. data delivery date to customer)
· Present and document results
· Organize and supervise roles, responsibilities and work routines within the lab team, and instruct, coach the lab team
· Develop, motivate, inspire lab team members
· Continuously observe, analyze and assess scientific and technical trends in analytics
· closely follow and evaluate scientific literature, publications, and draw conclusions for the company
· PhD in Chemistry, Material Science or Physics or M.SC. in Chemistry, Material Science or Physics
· At least 6 years’ experience of conducting chromatography and mass spectrometry experiment (including PhD period); Extensive hands-on practice on HPLC/LC-MS, GC/GC-MS, GPC, etc. Deep theoretical knowledge on separation science and related techniques
· Broad knowledge of analytics for chemical products;
· Understanding of polymer materials
· At least 1 year international experience in polymer related R&D (post-doc or industry) is preferred.
· Good English and Chinese skills
· Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills in Chinese& English