We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With larger production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2018 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,317 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
· This position is a sales who is responsible for key customers in East of China. The product line includes adhesive and fiberbonding.
Business development and customer management
· Plan, lead and carry out sales activities to achieve sales targets by calling and visiting existing/prospective customers to understand and identify their needs to create a long-term customer supplier relationship.
· Develop proposal on sales and marketing, technical solutions to customers and ensure account strategy are exploited consistently
· Research, identify and develop existing and potential customer portfolio
· Further secure business opportunities by identifying customer needs in terms of product application, services requirements, identifying buying cycles, delivery schedules and pricing structure for specialized products within the appropriate business segment, including necessary information provided to other functions, e.g. Marketing, Credit Control, Supply chain, Customer services.
Contract and payment receivable management
· Conclude sales contracts by coordinating the personnel of customer services, logistics and inventory control.
· Provide customer credit information for company credit control assessment, ensure timely payment /receivables to meet established sales targets and revenue goals.
Support for sales forecasting and planning
· With up-to-date understanding of adhesives industry trends, technical development, market activities and industry intelligence to help the team to define marketability of relevant products; and report to supervisor of the analysis and trends that could affect targets.
· Collect customer data/ information/ feedback/expectations, and prepare presentation/ seminars/ workshops to promote the products and services
· Provide input in the develop and regular update of promotional materials to identified customers
· Monitor, analyze, assess and communicate monthly sales data to supervisor & Marketing
· Manager and propose product / service planning, revision of strategies, identify business opportunities, pinpoint problem areas and provide solutions.
Contribute to pricing policy
· Implement the defined pricing policies.
· Provide inputs on pricing structure according to market intelligence on price trends, consumption analysis, sales terms and conditions, customer profiles to ensure profitable margins.
· Establish and maintain customer/market database to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends, the application of products/ technology and service needs, but not limited to the above mention intelligence in order to support identifying new business opportunities.
· Implement market research project to develop benchmark analyses on competitors’ positioning and the performance of their competitive products. Requirements:
· At least 7 years track record in sales or technical sales in chemical industry
· Familiar with adhesive and fiberbonding in China highly preferred
· B2B experience with preferably prior exposure in business development or Account Executive role
· Proven business development capability in new region or new applications highly desirable
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills
· Proactive and highly self-motivated team player
· Fluent in English and Mandarin