We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of more than €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
· Lead a lab team or work independently and manage R&D projects that support the BASF innovation pipeline to meet the current and future PU foam system business needs for Asia-Pacific region.
· Work as technical expert in the field of footwear sport shoe field, build up the competence of footwear process with different machinery, and trouble-shooting hints in customer site.
· Lead footwear lab team, responsible for team development, budget planning, personal planning and daily operation.
· Ensure the efficient operation of the footwear lab and footwear pilot facilities in FSF team and initiate continuous operation improvement measures
· Build a solid knowledge in PU footwear system, identify avenues to create IP for BASF and share know-how with relevant partners
· Build network within global footwear team, also other relevant functions (TS, TD, sales, marketing…) and Footwear technical experts in BASF global competence centres via active exchange.
· Drive and coordinate complex regional R&D projects with support from the segment leader
· Responsible for ensuring the occupational, health and environment safety during the day-to-day operation in compliance with BASF and local country regulations
· Responsible for the overall project management including project progress and fulfilment of milestones, documentation & project reports, alignments with project partners, transfer of results to customer lines, production feasibility assessment and project cost control
· Focuses on assigned market development and/or customer projects and initiates such activities within the framework of the BASF innovation process
· Support the business teams with technical expertise on patent and regulatory issues and provides material/process technology evaluations for business case/business model development with guidance from the segment leader
· Maintain an overview of the prevailing market trends, competitor activities and scientific developments pertaining to products/material and processing technologies from patents/literature/conferences for the assigned work scope
· Reviews the operation related risks regularly and initiates safety measures to mitigate the same
· Compliance with the cost regulations and alignment with the segment leader
· Education: Bachelor, Master with 4-8 years or PhD with 0-4 years of working experience
· Technical & Professional Knowledge: Chemistry or related fields, Project Management, Presentation, IT skills, Patents, Innovation and ideation processes
· Fluency in English; Chinese/German is a definite plus