Job Field: Marketing
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_33472
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
Join the team and connect with more than 110,000 other minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, as well as numerous sites around the country, BASF is a major investor in China’s chemical industry, and runs the BASF Innovation Campus Shanghai as a global research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2017 to customers in Greater China, and employed 8,982 people as of the end of the year. Objectives:
· Take leadership responsibility as an Industry expert for automotive body and chassis segment in Greater China.
· Provide technical know-how and expertise to assist in developing business models that includes understanding of customer needs and also formulate a targeted value proposition for the automotive body and chassis segment including new product development, current portfolio evaluation and the lifecycle management strategy.
· Develop and establish Market Development(MD) plans/concepts in the area of Application Development Engineering and explore new business opportunities in Greater China
· Conduct and develop the business according to the regional strategy and objectives in line with regional and local Code of Conduct principles
· Development and implementation of Best Business Practices Main Task: Market Development
· Develop and establish Market Development (MD) plans/concepts in the area of Application Development Engineering and explore new business opportunities
· Initiate, define and coordinate application development concept and activities for the country in coordination with the respective Sales team
· Analyze market data, conduct market studies and identify new profitable business opportunities. Support the development of market intelligence lead by product management
· Represent/advocate in country technical meetings
· Promote and maintain Market Development through frequent updates on MD activities, applications and technologies
· Tracks competitive technology and identifies new products/opportunities in the market. Initiates sample/performance and ensures broad technical knowledge of competition, including competitive literature Segment strategy
· Identify and evaluate segment growth opportunities and provides recommendations for business models and approaches to market development activities
· Implement segment strategy and focus on target applications
· Supports in the development of the regional / global product/ segment strategy in alignment with sales and product management Project Management
· Support technical projects/activities and ensure good progress of these projects by assigning appropriate expertise and using effective project management approach
· Manage the projects database, analyze project data for monthly reports on project development and tracks progress Innovations
· Foster innovation and creative thinking as a process based on customer needs in conjunction with sales and market development teams
· Facilitate innovation activities and events, networking and external collaborations
· Support product development and coordinates with the product development and product management teams
· Work closely with the sales teams to promote new products and innovative solutions to customers.
· Organize and conduct technical presentations and seminars Requirements:
· Education: Masters or Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Polymer Engineering , or equivalent, such as Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering
· Working Experience: 8~10 years of working experience preferably either in the engineering plastics industry especially in the areas of market/application development or in the automotive industry responsible for plastics application. Proven track record of developing and executing successful segment strategies and plans throughout an organization. In-depth knowledge of competitive dynamics and how to integrate segment marketing into the overall business strategy
· Technical & Professional Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of engineering plastics and technical know-how in automotive applications. Experience in R&D for automobile parts would be highly desirable. Able to conduct market studies and analyze market data. Hands-on experience with plastic/polymer processing and Personal relationship to the automotive industry would be highly advantageous
· Languages: English and Mandarin is a pre-requisite. Additional advantage for foreign languages such as German and Japanese.
· Travel: Frequent travel within Greater China (including Hong Kong & Taiwan) is required