We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en
· As head of lab team provide technical solutions for complex research assignments using existing and new technologies, methods etc.
· Actively drive the technical development and knowledge gain for BASF on respective research fields
· Research Project Management
· Develop technical solutions using existing and new technologies, methods etc.
· Transform the project objectives into work plans for lab team, analyze & interpret experimental results
· Independent application and successful implementation of project proposals as results of literature search and unique prior art
· Develop new methods and procedures for synthesis, testing, analysis and independently conclude next steps within the lab team
· Hands on mentality by partially working in the lab
· Constantly discuss and align research activities with other project parties (sales & marketing, production, development etc.)
· Closely watch and independently achieve project milestones, timeline and budget
· Present and document results, file patents
· Lab Team Leadership
· Implement and ensure compliance with BASF standards regarding EHS in the lab team activities
· Organize and supervise roles, responsibilities and work routines within the lab team
· Instruct, coach the lab team
· Develop, motivate, inspire lab team members
· Scientific Research
· Continuously observe, analyze and assess scientific and technical trends in products, processes, applications, industries
· Closely follow and evaluate scientific literature, publications, IP and draw conclusions for BASF
· Develop innovative ideas for new research projects & topics and discuss within the relevant research and business community
· PhD in Chemistry in Chemistry (Focus: Polymer Synthesis)
· At least 5 years of conducting scientific experiments in chemical labs (including PhD period)