We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, as well as numerous sites around the country, BASF is a major investor in China’s chemical industry, and runs the BASF Innovation Campus Shanghai as a global research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2017 to customers in Greater China, and employed 8,982 people as of the end of the year. Objectives: Conduct experiments and theoretical research assignments under the guidance of the research scientist using standard procedures. This role will be expected to move forward projects and provide the necessary reporting to keep projects on schedule. Main Tasks:
· Under the supervision of the lab team leader perform routine scientific research tasks using standard techniques, procedures and equipment.
· Analyze and document results, and prepare technical reports, examinations and summaries.
· Prepare, run and maintain lab equipment such as reactors, analyzing equipment, etc.
· Perform general lab assignments (e.g. raw material inventory review, lab housekeeping) as assigned.
· Comply with regulations concerning safety, health and environment. Requirements:
· Master’s or bachelor degree in chemistry (preferably polymer related), analytical chemistry, or college degree with 2 years working experience in chemical lab.
· At least 3 years of experience conducting scientific experiments in chemical labs (including study period) is a plus.
· Highly motivated and have the skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the work.
· Advanced spoken and written English and Chinese communication skills.