You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as one of Canadas Best 100 Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Global IT Associate (ID: 2100866)
Where the Chemistry Happens…
This role exists to support the asset management of IT equipment (laptops, mobile phones, printers, etc.). This includes the ordering of equipment and delivery to the correct place at the correct time. This role will also focus on vendor management and negotiation.
BASF has approximately 130.000 PC devices, 50.000 Smartphones and 25.000 printers. In the past BASF did so called big bang rollouts every 5-6 years to replace all devices in a short timeframe. For different reasons BASF decided to exchange the devices continuously e.g. ¼ of all PC devices every year. Therefore, BASF needs a permanent team to manage all replacements and the initiative/project is called “StoRe”.
Please note that this is not a true IT position in that it focuses more on the administrative side of the business.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Device replacement planning and provider steering together with internal business partners, replacement provider and hardware vendor via personal contact, email, phone, chat
· Exceptional process handling in case of “Dead of arrival”, Wrong deliveries, missing appointments, technical issues, special cases via email, phone, chat, ticketing tool (Incidents, IMACs)
· Ensuring Asset data maintenance by checking asset information hardware vendor and BASF asset tool.
· Pool management by checking thresholds, stock and initiating refill orders; pool management tool, BASF ticketing tool, SAP
· Lifecycle management by checking device fleet age, create reporting and forecasting; BASF Asset tool, Power BI, Excel
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor Degree in Information Technology discipline or 2+ years experience in supply chain/logistics
· 2+ years experience in operations, consulting or projects.
· Prior experience in IT hardware logistics desired
· Prior experience with inventory management system desired
· Prior experience in a regional or global program desired
· Prior experience in functional team leading desired
· Knowledge about IT logistic processes
· Ability to steer vendors and other service suppliers to ensure consistent and reliable service.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
· Communication skills
· Calls, Mails, Personal meetings, Virtual meetings
· Presentations (creation and presenting)
· Ability to negotiate about critical topics
· Leading of calls with internal and external colleagues / partners
· Creation of meetings
· Moderation of meetings
· Creation of meeting minutes
· Follow up management (including proactively chasing targets)
· Time differences
· Global alignments
· Self-contained work-style
· Ability to take decisions self-contained
· To support decisions previously (in front of colleagues and management) à assertiveness
· Proactive alignment with colleagues in case of unclear topics and to find a common solution without the involvement of the manager
· Usage of agile work methods
· Engagement and operational readiness
· Intercultural competences
· Respect of other cultures and behaviors
· Solution oriented work-style instead of problem-orientation à target orientation
· Self-dependency and self-disciplinary
· Ability to organize the working day self-contained
· Recognize topics independently and start working on them
· Team-player & leaderships skills
· Understand the opinion of colleagues and try to find a common solution
· Ability to discuss properly
· Empathy to avoid conflicts and misunderstandings
· Ability to work under pressure
· Stress management
· Ensure breaks
· To be up to date regarding fast living IT
· Ability to prioritize own topics and tasks
· Ability to accept criticism
· Personal mind setting
· Lifelong learning
· Acceptance to step out of the personal comfort zone
· Open minded
· Language Skills
· English fluent
· German beneficial
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.