We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
· Provide trade control, chemical regulations, product stewardship services to BASF group companies, in accordance with established policies, guidelines and procedures.
· Interphase with various stakeholders such as supply chain, customer services and technical experts to enable the implementation of compliance policies and BASF minimum requirements.
· Continuous improvement through Lean Six Sigma and digitalization are our core in driving operation excellence
· Execute trade control, chemical regulation and product safety related activities for BASF companies to ensure compliance through SAP module
· Monitor product report and review compliance relevant areas against business processes predefined criteria
· Evaluate and analyze product regulatory data for system and database maintenance
· Verify compliance documentation required for related business process including import, export and domestic trade
· Perform necessarily follow up action to ensure deliverables executed on timely basis
· Contribute to productivity, efficiency and Right First Time to achieve operation excellence
· Effective communication with stakeholders as required in daily operation and timely escalation to leader on critical topics where relevant
· Execute discussion independently intrateam and collaborate for achievement
· Continuous improvement by embracing, e.g. Lean Six Sigma, technology and digitalization skill and tools.
· Participate in continuous improvement projects by contributing to efficiency study, analysis and implementation phase
· Supports internal and external audit, including Quality Checks for potential improvements and preventive measures.
· Review, update and improve related work documentation such as process description, work guides, etc. to ensure sustainable knowledge retention and standardization within department.
· Continuous self-development through proactive learning and development (70:20:10 approach)
· Bachelor’s degree in scientific area, preferably in Chemistry, or related Science discipline
· Minimum 2 years in chemical regulation, product regulatory affairs or relevant work experience in Product Safety and Stewardship activities.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Sound knowledge and experience in Chemistry related field.
· Proficiency in MS Office is preferred and experience in SAP application is an advantage.
· Fluent in written and spoken English. Ability in written and spoken Chinese is an advantage.
· Experience in technology or digital related skill or tool is an advantage, e.g. Robotic Process Automation, Power BI, etc.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Details oriented, proactive and able to work independently