We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
· Supports and assists the KL Service Hub HR Business Partner in day-to-day HR operations activities during the GB Build phase for all stages throughout the employment cycle.
· Facilitates HR activities to ensure that employee experience is good and employees and hiring managers are well supported during their work experience here in the KL Service Hub.
Coordinates for the HR Business Partner team with the appointed BASF immigration agency and responsible for immigration matters ensuring smooth onboarding, offboarding and exit/entry from/into Malaysia
· Monitoring of immigration activities for new joiners, permanent transferees, leavers and any employees entering or exiting the country.
· Coordinates and follows up with appointed immigration agency for all immigration activities stated as above.
· Highlights roadblocks with immigration activities if any and proposes potential solution to ensure smooth entry or exit.
· Prepares necessary documents such as immigration justification letters required during immigration process.
· Ensure proper documentation and tracking for JTK exemptions obtained for positions advertised in the Malaysian government portal.
Supports the virtual offboarding process for all employees
· Facilitates the virtual offboarding activities by sharing the process of offboarding, guides employees and line managers during the offboarding process.
· Joint responsibility with IT and Facilities to update virtual onboarding and offboarding process if necessary.
Supports the collection of data for reporting of HR Analytics to the Management team
· Supports the HR Business Partners to collect and track HR data (recruitment data, job evaluation, compensation data) requires for preparation of reports to the Management team.
· Ensures HR data collected is of high quality and accuracy and is reliable to be presented to the Management team.
Supports other day-to-day operations activities within the Human Resources team
· Others supporting HR task such as ad hoc official letters preparation to official bodies.
· Only when required, acts as the additional support for ad hoc recruitment activities such as screening, reference checks, interview arrangements, hosting of Hiring Day activities.
· Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
· Minimum one year working experience in Human Resources in a multinational company
· Preferred to have managed HR immigration matters in their previous experience
Technical & Professional Knowledge
· Possesses intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge
· Possesses basic Microsoft Word and PowerPoint knowledge