We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Agriculture Sales Professional (Agronomic Solutions Advisor) 2100430 – Grand Rapids, MI area (remote)
Where the Chemistry Happens…
As a Sales Professional you will develop and maintain business relationships with key retailers and growers throughout Western MI. Serving as a local agronomic expert, you will position BASF seed and crop protection products with growers to maximize yield and profit from their operations. In addition, you will serve as the business lead with assigned retailers for BASF seed soybean seed brands. You will be accountable for achieving annual sales targets with key customers and strategic portfolio brands.
Formula for Success: You Will…
Position and promote top tier soybean seed and crop protection products from an unmatched innovative pipeline
· Establish business and agronomic plans with key growers, including business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers – ability to influence business at grower level
· Establish a strong partnership with your Business Rep (BR) counterpart and align on a strategic plan toward targeted retailers and growers to achieve goals.
· Drive seed conversations at retail with the Seed Manager, Agronomist and local Retail sales team. Establish seed business plans with retail.
· Engage across the business to cultivate internal relationships with local sales teams, technical service representatives, and strategic account managers
· Show a strong commitment to customer care and customer experience with the BASF portfolio
· Opportunity to learn or utilize your current skill set working with a diverse crop mix including specialty crops Ability to demonstrate the necessary steps of the sales process to close a sale and achieve unit and dollar growth deliverables Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Utilize your Bachelor degree and 3+ years sales experience
· Strong team player with a positive attitude, creativity, interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
· Self-starter, ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals
· Be able to travel (overnight domestically) up to 15% of the time. At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
For further information on BASF Agricultural Solutions, please select: https://vimeo.com/463820820/53a6edd18b