We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
· Provide Accounts Payable transaction processing support to deliver Accounts Payable services to BSSCKL‘s customers in accordance with established Accounts Payable processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, FRC requirements and local company legal and statutory requirements (if applicable).
· Ensure that timelines and quality meet the agreed service levels and targets.
· To act as a backup, assist and perform other AP tasks as and when required.
· Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge, and experience
Main Tasks Functional Task (including but not limited to)
· Process 3rd party supplier’s invoice validation within agreed timeline and ensure correct information is transferred to Process Director.
· Process 3rd party supplier’s document namely PO related invoices and credit notes, FI invoices and credit note, Down payment, One-time vendor reimbursement, VIP vendors by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness daily.
· Process employee reimbursement claims and advances by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness daily.
· Monitor and troubleshoot an error document of Employee Reimbursement report and contact employee or local company to resolve the issue.
· Process Inter-company (IC) related invoices, debit notes and credit notes, by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness daily.
· Control and manage recurring invoice, auto debit, invoicing settlement, custom and consignment invoices by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness daily.
· Process urgent requests according to the stipulated deadline and arrange for urgent payment.
· Ensure its compliance with the BASF P2P global standard guidelines for Material & Services, Freight Accounting, and Intercompany and local company legal and statutory requirements. All transactions should be process according to the established work instruction and process definition according to P2P global guideline.
· Ensure that tasks are performed within Service Level Agreement (SLA) stated in Service Responsibility Matrix.
· Ensure the accuracy and the completeness of the transaction processed and to manage correction action is performed when necessary
· Attend to request or inquiry for Accounts Payable via generic mailbox within SLA timeline
· Attend to calls from BASF users where at the same time educate them to use general mailbox for any requests
· Have knowledge on tax fundamental to support the verification of invoices before further processes based on country practices, also identifying withholding tax, VAT and GST requirement before invoice booking.
· Ensure transaction processed by Accounts Payable team does not lead to IC differences. (only applicable for ICR team)
· Impose rejection on IC invoices with incomplete accounting information after consultation from senior analyst or manager. (only applicable for ICR team)
· Liaise with the BASF business units and local companies on issues not limited to Finance community but also includes Procurement, Supply Chain, Treasury, HR Services, Master Data and Suppliers.
· Back up Senior Analyst role when required.
· Support internal and external audit activities such process walkthrough demo.
· Monitor & perform GRIR clearing on a monthly basis.
· Following up with top vendor accounts of statement of accounts reconciliation on a monthly
· Support Senior Analyst to perform AP aging analysis (aging/debit balances)
· Support Senior Analyst on Input VAT management including input VAT verification, non-deductible input VAT adjustment and VAT reconciliation reports preparation.
· Perform vendor’s audit confirmation on timely basis. Support audit yearly audit activities and ensuring prepared by clients reports, audit samples collection, audit walkthrough and vendor balance confirmation letters are completed on time within audit schedule.
· Follow up on customs duty and its deposit clearance if any with supply chain team.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
· Identify and recommend new idea / solutions to Specialist/Expert & Managers for continuous improvement opportunities
· Support functional expert/specialist trouble shooting system, process issues, agreeing right level of escalation and work on root cause analysis and implement mitigating actions.
· Act as AP Digital Assistant to improve AP performance indicators towards strategic and data-driven position
· Perform routine update to Accounts Payable documentation (e.g. Work Instruction, Job Aid< Knowledge Management) when required.
· Support existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge and experience and best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition.
· Be a trainer in P2P Functional training to new joiner.
· Support regional and global project improvements activity e.g. involve in User Acceptance Test and Training
· Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer service.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with customers to ensure that solutions are adopted, implemented, and maintained appropriately.
Frequent cooperation outside BASF Group
· BASF’s Suppliers
· External auditors
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or BSSCKL
· Counterparts in local company and end-users from various Operating division.
· Cross function teams within BSSCKL
· Manager, senior analyst and peers within Finance Delivery teams
· Other support functions within BSSCKL e.g. Control, Project, Quality & Compliance (PQC) team, Corporate Audit teams
Degree of Supervision Required in the job
· Works with minimal supervision.
Education & Working Experience:
· Diploma / Degree in accounting, finance or business administration, with 2 to 5 years relevant work experience.
· Reputable Knowledge and understanding of P2P and accounting functions.
· External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing will be preferable
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
· Proficiency in English with good communication and writing skills
· Experience working in an SAP work environment
· Preferably with additional language skill. Eg: Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnam (optional based on portfolio)
· Knowledge and experience of MS office tools, CONCUR, SAP system or another ERP system
· External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement preferred. Experience working in an MNC or Malaysian Public listed company.