At Supplier and Reporting, we don't just see numbers, we see solutions. We stand for high-quality purchasing and financial processes: from purchase-to-pay processes and book-to-reports to our business and financial reporting. To achieve this, we not only handle our processes efficiently and accurately, but also focus specifically on modern solutions for designing future-oriented financial processes and satisfied customers.
For our motivated, dynamic and constantly growing international Financial Reporting team, we are looking for a dedicated accountant to join us as soon as possible to support BASF Group companies. You will be responsible for the general ledger and thus form the interface in the financial area.
· You will process business transactions within general ledger and asset accounting and ensure reconciliation with the other sub ledgers.
· You will be responsible for the timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to IFRS and local GAAP for mainly european BASF Group companies.
· You will be responsible for monthly group reporting and answer internal and external reporting inquiries.
· In accounting matters, you will be the central contact person for our subsidiaries, the sub ledgers and the central financial units of BASF.
· In addition, you will be involved in internal and external financial reporting projects.
· completed degree in business administration with a focus on accounting/controlling/taxes or completed commercial training
· ideally, professional experience in external accounting and knowledge in preparing financial statements (according to IFRS and/or local GAAP)
· familiar with the common MS Office programs (especially Excel)
· very good knowledge of German or English for our international teams, further European language skills are an advantage
· high motivation to achieve success together as a team
· Location-independent work models with defined days of presence in Berlin and place of residence in Germany.
· Prevention and fitness programs to promote your health and provide a balance to your work.
· Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
· Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Bonnie Gardt, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.:+49 30 2005-59672
As an international service hub, the BASF Services Europe GmbH bundles a wide range of services for the BASF Group throughout Europe. In the heart of Berlin, we combine expertise in the areas of finance, HR, supply chain, procurement, product safety and IT. We focus on digital and customer-focused solutions, to create services for future. Learn more about us at basf.com/servicehub-berlin/smartwork
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.