Job Field: APIN - Apprentices, Interns
Location: Geismar, LA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Summer Job
Job ID: EN_US_1902882
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Diversity Inc. as #17 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The 2020 Summer Internship Program at BASF’s Geismar sites in Louisiana was created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world assignments that add value to business, explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills. Participants also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF's culture, values, and decision-makers.
· As a highly motivated graduate student, you will participate in a 10 to 12-week internship based in Geismar, Louisiana
· Interns will be matched to assignments in various areas within operations, maintenance, engineering, and EHS.
· Upon completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to join our talent pipeline for consideration of future opportunities within the organization, including full-time positions
· Potential start dates are May 2020.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We offer students the opportunity to spend a summer working at BASF Geismar sites in Louisiana. These practical and meaningful assignments will give you an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in school during this 10 to 12-week program.
· Enhanced career and leadership development, and value delivery to BASF through planned assignments
· Development of your expertise and the ability to network at senior levels throughout BASF and establish mentoring relationships that could span across your whole career
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
· College Sophomores and Juniors receiving a bachelor’s in accounting, computer science, engineering, and Supply Chain.
· Demonstrated academic achievement (minimum GPA 3.0)
· Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or future sponsorship
· Leadership potential
· Microsoft Office
· Active participation in extra-curricular activities and on-campus organizations
· Outstanding work ethics
· Previous internship/co-op experience is a plus
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.