· BTC is BASF's in-house distributor that supplies a wide range of performance chemicals to a variety of industries and applications including home care, personal care, coatings, adhesives, plastics, and lubricants.
· You will be responsible for maintaining and developing sales at small to medium customers within BTC.
· You will be the key interface for all commercial negotiations and technical enquiries responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with existing partners while acting as the first point of contact for new customers.
· You will work on business development and growth projects, actively finding opportunities to grow the business, while managing aspirational sales targets and optimising profitability.
· Some travel expected.
· You will demonstrate the entrepreneurial drive and excellent customer-facing skills required to pro-actively develop sales and contribute to the success of the business.
· Ideally graduate-level education in an appropriate technical/chemical subject area (or the equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years relevant sales experience.
· The position requires the ability to develop a sound technical knowledge of a broad range of BASF products and their applications.
· A willingness to study and gain external industry qualifications (if required) to further enhance your technical knowledge.
· Equally important is your ability to form relationships with customers and within BASF, so excellent communication skills are essential as is your ability to collaborate and network with others.
· You should hold a driving licence.
· Two roles are available for this position.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation, attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We celebrate difference by creating an inclusive culture and we are a proud Stonewall partner.
We support flexible working.
Closing date: 31.03.2021.
Do you have any questions about the vacancy or the application process? Please contact Chiara: +49 30 2005-59498.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, agricultural solutions products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.