Do you want to design and build systems to provide a secure 4G communication networks for our armed forces? Could you create systems that can allow a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network? Want to work on the next generation of Military IT systems? Or develop the technology needed to send a text message to an inflight Typhoon, or even phone the pilot up? Would you like to be part of a team, integrating leading edge technologies to provide our military services with competitive advantage?
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Engineer will involve:
· Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, system integration and test, within schedule and estimates
· Adherence to systems engineering practices
· Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
· Production of appropriate technical documentation
· Design of technical solutions, integrating COTS hardware and software
· Planning and Estimating development activities
· Management of technical risk
· Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
As part of the engineering team you will work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities. You may also be asked to lead teams.
Your skills and qualifications as a Systems Engineer:
· Requirements Engineering
· Defining architectures (e.g. MoDAF, TOGAF)
· Defining and managing interfaces between systems
· System integration and testing, including acceptance activities
· Configuration management
· Model-based systems engineering including SySML
· C2 Systems
· Communications and Networking
· Security Architectures
· Training and Logistics systems
· Physical and Electrical Safety, Security and Environmental compliance
What we're looking for in you:
· A 'can do' attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
· Self-organisation and good time management
· You are innovative and able to drive improvement
· You take responsibility for own & team work packages and for delivery
· Experience of mentoring more junior staff and leading teams is desirable
· Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
Salary: Up to £31,000
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air
BAE Systems Air brings together the company's international capabilities and expertise to respond to customers' current and future requirements, and compete for international export and collaborative opportunities. In the UK, BAE Systems Air has an unrivalled track record and expertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, components and technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
BAE Systems Air has the capability to provide customers with information superiority through the delivery of actionable intelligence and information, together with the provision of innovative information systems and services. Training is a key enabler to delivering military capability, and at BAE Systems we bring together our expertise in the analysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions into a powerful combination for our military customers around the world.
Working as an integral part of the team delivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is to provide our customers with the capabilities and intelligence that really matters.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.