The ESG/Credit analyst contributes to the fixed income investment process by providing bottom-up and sector credit analysis incorporating ESG factors.
· Support Fixed Income Portfolio Managers’ investment decisions, primarily based on bottom-up credit and ESG analysis of the issuers and sectors covered
· Anticipate evolution of credit profiles through in-depth sector knowledge, financial forecasting etc.
· Provide written reports including proprietary fundamental ratings and recommendations for assigned companies, applying the AXA IM Credit Research Process
· Participate in pitches and client meetings
Provide back-up to the other analysts as required
· Post-graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration and /or Management is required
· CFA designation or equivalent is preferred
· Experience of ESG and fundamental credit analysis, acquired at asset management company, investment bank and / or rating agency
Knowledge and Skills
· Strong knowledge of financial statements, accounting standards and restatements
· Solid understanding of Environmental, Social and Governance practices and issues.
· Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
· Fluency in English
· Ability to explain in a clear and concise manner his/her credit views to Portfolio managers is required
· Ability to present and defend ideas on continuous improvement of the credit research process is preferred
· Ability to work successfully as part of an international/multi-local team