AXA Climate develops and offers cutting-edge expertise to protect businesses and communities against Climate Risk, worldwide. Since 2014, we have been developing technologies and know-how in insurance, meteorology, climatology, aerial imagery and risk to create innovative climate solutions. Our mission is to help businesses, institutions and communities tackle climate risks and become climate-adapted. Adaptative Business includes environment and climate by design, to boost profitability and growth.
We are somewhere in-between a start-up and a big company ( https://www.climate.axa/fr/ )
AXA Climate's desire is also to innovate in terms of corporate culture, so that everyone can flourish and develop all its potential. Our culture is therefore a flat organization, without managers, but with facilitators and captains. No organization chart, but transversal "Bubbles" with specific skills, and vertical "Speed-Boats" responsible for the Business and associated P&L.
Product & services
Cymo is one of AXA Climate's speedboat (think business unit) developing its own products and services. In 2020, we started developing and offering a disaster management service to large companies worldwide. It includes the following: understand climate risk exposition and vulnerabilities (past, present, future), mitigate risks exposure and vulnerabilities, monitor and alert climate hazards (Storm, Wildfire...)
Early-stage product with great challenges to solve: product foundations to stabilize, regular pivots to find PMF, scientific and Data challenges, high Security & Quality expectations, speed of discovery and delivery & a lot more!
Around 15 passionate people on the project: sales, risk-experts, marketing, strategy, product... including 1 Product manager, 1 Product Designer, 2 Back (& data) engineers, 2 Front engineers (More to be recruited), 1 Data squad (Data engineers et Data scientists)
Role: Delivery Product Manager / Product Owner
· Pilot your scope of the product delivery
· Improve the backlog management (value, priorities...)
· Improve the delivery (quality, speed, security, UX, value...)
· Closely work with the other product people & dev team
· Contribute to the global product discovery
The backlog scope and organization will very likely evolve this year, according to the product strategy, and you!
· Figma, Miro, Notion, Jira, Office 365, Slack...
· Tech: React, Node JS, Python, GraphQL, AWS, PostGres, Terraform
Example of subjects
Data visualisation, Map design, Messaging, Reporting, Geospatial analysis...
· At least 3 years experience including 2 years in Product management
· Bachelor / Master's Degree in business or engineering
· Good theoretical and practical knowledge of agiles methodologies and product methodologies
· Great soft skills, love to work in team, good communicant
· Like to evolve in uncertainty, complexity & speed
· Love to learn
Interest for climate is mandatory, any other interests for weather, ecology, risk, tech, data, design, product... are very much welcomed!
It's just the start of AXA Climate and Cymo's product journey, so everything is up to you !