The main roles of this Certification Officer are to establish and maintain a robust Certification & Internal Control programme to ensure continual adherence to AXA Group guidelines through the Internal Control Programme and external client requirements (through the annual SSAE certification).
Part of Risk Management, Certification and Internal control team aims at promoting the culture of controls while considering our client expectations.
The function implies working on various perimeters, expertise and topics in an international context. Travels may be required. High interactions with business teams are essential to know our operational environment and deploy efficiently the certification & internal control Framework.
Establish and maintain a robust Certification maintenance process on the perimeter under responsibility
· Act as prime contact point/expert on all Certification matters and act as primary liaison point with the IM Group Certification Manager, IM Group Audit, Insurance Companies, AXA SA Group Certification teams and external auditors.
· Establish and oversee the implementation of the annual Certification & Internal Control Plan to meet Group reporting requirements
· Establish and oversee a process to ensure key changes that have an impact on Certification & Internal Control are identified and reflected in the documentation of the processes and controls
· Establish and oversee a Certification & internal Control specific self-assessment framework as a discrete but complementary addition to the business risk self-assessment programme
· Establish and implement a programme of QA reviews on the Certification & internal Control documentation prepared by the business process owners
· Escalate control failures, challenge the robustness of action plan and follow-it until remediation
· Liaise with State Street and other key service providers to ensure reporting requirements are understood and met
· Update information in the dedicated tool
· Provide regular Certification & Internal control readiness reporting to senior management
Ideal candidate profile
Master's degree in Business, Accounting or Engineering
Experience (5-7 years) in Asset Management/banking, financial services industry or Audit ideally with SSAE/ISAE exposure
• Knowledge and Skills
Strong understanding of asset management/banking, financial services industry
Qualified or PQ Accountancy an advantage
Experience of Process Analysis
Experience in Visio – Cross Functional Deployment flowcharts mapping
Experience in managing projects preferred
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Fluent in English
Good knowledge of MS Office
Deadline focused with a challenging mind-set, a strong attention to detail and very well organised
Proactive and ability to act under own initiative
Strong influencing skills
Strong relationship management at all levels of organisation
Ability to work as part of a team (locally and globally)
Enthusiasm and Drive and a strong sense of team values