The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs.
Our areas of expertise are reflected in a range of products and services adapted to the needs of each client in three major business lines: property-casualty insurance, life & savings, and asset management.
In 2019, present in 57 countries, the 160,000 employees and distributors of AXA were committed to serving 108 million clients.
The head office of AXA Group (GIE AXA), based in Paris 8th, gathers the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities according to the Group's strategy and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters is composed with over 830 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (45 nationalities).
Within Group Finance , the “Group Performance Management” department aims at supporting the Group and its entities in setting, monitoring, and delivering ambitious financial performance to be achieved through sustainable levers (esp. selective growth, efficiency, pricing, and technical profitability) and adequate actuarial practices.
To succeed in this mission, the department is built on the following capabilities:
· Actuarial teams, covering L&H and P&C actuarial topics (e.g. pricing, profitability, reserving) ;
· Simplification & Efficiency, covering cost-related topics across AXA Group ;
· Controlling, as the transversal performance management engine ;
· Information management, aiming at optimising value from data.
The Life & Health Actuarial team is organized around three pillars: pricing, profitability and reserving. Its main missions are as follows:
· Drive technical excellence (profitability, cash generation, pricing and underwriting actions) to achieve the objectives of the strategic plan, in close collaboration with Group Finance teams and local CFOs /Actuarial teams ;
· Build and oversee strong Centers of Expertise (CoE), set locally as a first line technical support, to help entities develop their business. CoE enable to pool and leverage on models/data/knowledge throughout AXA ;
· Issue an opinion in the Actuarial Report on (i) underwriting, (ii) the reliability and adequacy of Best Estimate Assumptions/technical provisions and (iii) the adequacy of reinsurance arrangements.
The L&H Actuarial team is hiring an actuary / financial engineer / data scientist for a temporary assignment of about 6 months (between April and October 2021) to support the team on transversal topics.
Expected competencies include :
· Strong technical skills (actuarial modeling, pricing or reserving experience) with business acumen and the ability to work in a collaborative/project mode to deliver concrete business outputs.