The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs.
Our areas of expertise are reflected in a range of products and services adapted to the needs of each client in three major business lines: property-casualty insurance, life & savings, and asset management.
In 2018, present in 61 countries, the 171,000 employees and distributors of AXA were committed to serving 105 million clients.
AXA Corporate Center’s main missions are to:
· Steer the entities in order to ensure the coherence of the strategies, the consistency of the commercial approaches as well as the optimization of the risks and results;
· Defining and coordinating Group policies, different transversal projects and standards, identifying and sharing best practices;
· Supporting the entities in order to help them to grow, to develop their offer, their management and steering standards as well as their risk management.
The head office of AXA Group (GIE AXA), based in Paris La Défense, gathers the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities according to the Group's strategy and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters is composed with over 850 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (45 nationalities).
AXA GRM belongs to the Corporate Center where it brings together high level and multidisciplinary staff with actuaries, engineers, and financial analysts. Its main missions are focused on the following key areas:
· analyse, model and aggregate the Group’s risks (Economic Capital as Internal Model under Solvency II);
· define process and solutions enabling to limit the undertaken risks (Risk Appetite, Underwriting solutions…);
· optimize the Group protections (Reinsurance, securitization, hedging, etc.).
AXA GRM Property & Casualty (P&C) deals with the most sophisticated P&C challenges of a leading global insurer and reinsurer, among which the management of natural catastrophe risk (CAT). Natural variability of climate and seismic activity have demonstrated their devastating potential, climate change bringing additional uncertainty for the future.
AXA GRM P&C CAT & Reinsurance teams (20 FTE) are primarily in charge of ensuring the respect of the Group CAT Risk Appetite.
As a mean to achieve this goal, the annual CAT modeling process consists in (i) collecting exposure data from the AXA P&C local entities worldwide, (ii) assessing the risk on a consistent per-entity per-peril basis (cyclones, earthquakes, floods, hailstorms...) (iii) aggregating individual modeling and (iv) estimating the efficiency of the Group Reinsurance covers.
The CAT modelling process has strong strategic and operational impacts since it feeds the Economic Capital calculation which drives the solvency of AXA Group and determines levels of reinsurance covers, which may boost or hinder profitability.
It is also a technical challenge with the data collection of 50 million of insurance policies, the parallel use of multiple modeling solutions (both internal and vendors) totaling 100 million catastrophe events worldwide and finally the assessment of billions granular losses thanks to a set of performing internal tools.
Whilst reinsurance offers ability to annually reshape risk towards Risk Appetite, sound selection at the time of underwriting offers ability to continuously shape the risk from the source. For this purpose, the team is building the Gaia solution which brings together our data, science, and technology assets into a GIS (Geographical Information System) WebApp for site or bulk analysis of underwriters and risk managers within entities.
Position belongs to CAT Risk Accumulation team (3 FTE) which specifically leads:
· group aggregation of all CAT risks borne by entities;
· the development of the Gaia platform.
The selected candidate will involve on both topics and therefore have the two perspectives on accumulation stake, from local ones in cat prone zones to group balances globally. Both will imply weekly collaboration with IT developers, continuous interactions with respective audiences and ad-hoc commitment on response to group’s related challenges.
Leadership will be expected on aggregation topic generally, and on the insurance aspect of Gaia project specifically.
She/he will also be the group referent of designated P&C operational entities on CAT aspects, notably the annual CAT modeling process.
The selected candidate will benefit from the close collaboration with a senior GIS expert on Gaia project within the team and the broader collaboration with cat modelers, cat analysts and reinsurance analysts across the teams.
This position offers a great exposure across the Group, supporting different functions among entities, on a highly valued segment while working on innovative solutions and dealing directly with IT, GIS and insurance challenges.
For a better work-life balance of our employees, GIE AXA encourages telework up to 2 days per week with respect to applicable HR policies.
· Master degree or equivalent in relevant field (applied maths, engineering, actuarial science);
· 2 to 5 years in relevant field;
· Innovative project;
· Programming skills (R/Python, SQL);
· P&C Insurance or Catastrophe modelling is a plus;
· GIS (Geographical Information System) appetence is a plus;
· Language: English (Fluent), French (a plus);
· Strong communication skills;
· Entrepreneurial spirit and ambition to drive change;
· Curiosity to learn about the insurance industry and actuarial science;
· Autonomous and self-confident as point of contact on technical matters.
If you wish to give your career a new dimension within an international and dynamic team, you are very welcome to apply online!